Wednesday, April 2, 2008

David & Sonya

David emailed me after he read my ad. He and Sonya are getting married in July. WOW! I was excited because he and Sonya would be my first wedding clients, brave souls that they are. So I invited them to my studio to discuss their vision of their special day.

The wedding will be held at the Santa Cruz Church and reception follows at Hyde State Park. Both David and Sonya seem to have it completely under control. David is a Computer Scientist and Sonya is a Teacher, so they are probably used to being well-organized.

Knowing each others strengths, they take turn-about talking of plans and ideas, colors and images, catering and flowers. Sonya smiles with satisfaction as she talks of her wedding gown, how she found it, what it means to her and David follows with positive comments and a description of what he will wear. They laugh together often and give each other space to speak. They are easy with one another...

July is still a few months away and there are plans to complete and details to attend to. For David and Sonya, these months will be something of a dream to remember fondly. And on July 26th, I will be there to tell their story in images, one moment at a time.

To see more of David & Sonya, please visit www.patricialeigh.smugmug.com and click on the David and Sonya gallery.

No comments: